Laboratory Technician/Senior Laboratory Technician for Laboratories under the Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences
(Reference No.: ICI/CCBS/LT/SLT/10/2019)
The Institute of Collaborative Innovation (ICI) of the University of Macau (UM) invites applications for the position of Laboratory Technician (Administrative Assistant/Senior Administrative Assistant) / Senior Laboratory Technician (Administrative Officer/Senior Administrative Officer) for the laboratories under the Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences (CCBS) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP23,760 to MOP60,720 (index 270 – 690).
- Assist in the planning, purchasing, maintaining and upgrading of laboratory equipment and facilities in accordance with the development of the Institute;
- Carry out daily operation of the laboratories in compliance with the University’s safety standard and/or government regulations;
- Support long-term research work; undertake training and demonstration sessions on laboratory equipment and facilities;
- Prepare experiment setup and organization as well as coordination of personnel using the laboratory facilities with local regulatory requirements and international best practices, and identify areas of continuous improvement;
- Assist in the IT-related issues of the Institute such as webpage and hardware management, and coordinate and organize academic activities for the Institute;
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by superiors.
- Bachelor’s degree in radiography, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering or related fields. Master’s or PhD degree is highly preferred;
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience (including the experience during PhD studies) for Senior Laboratory Technician;
- Laboratory experience and recognized training certificates on fMRI/MRI is a plus, and those related to other instruments and apparatus of CCBS such as EEG, fNIRS, eye tracker, E-prime, physiology recording are also preferable; Please refer to the website for the current list of core facilities: https://cair.ici.um.edu.mo/research/core-facilities/;
- Recognized laboratory safety related certifications or professional qualification is preferable;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese);
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. . Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8406; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**